Our Schools Athletics Administration Community Education Bronner Performing Arts Center

New_Logo.PNG Budget_and_Salary-Compensation_Transparency_Reporting_Logo.png


 Please enjoy the most recent
Frankenmuth School District Newsletter

Applications for Limited School of Choice for incoming 2017-2018 for grades Kindergarten through 10, Advanced Placement 11 & Advanced Placement 12 will be accepted beginning June 19, 2017 and close on July 17, 2017 at 3:00 PM.

For more details, please click on the FSD School of Choice Protocol tab

If you have any questions, please feel free to call Superintendent Adele Martin at 989.652.9958.


The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department.  (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)


If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form.  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at program.intake@usda.gov.


Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).


USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.


FSD Wellness Policy

If you have any questions or comments regarding the FSD Wellness Policy, please email Adele Martin, Superintendent or Cindy Hegenauer, Food Service Director.


Summer Food Service Program Outreach

Click here for summer lunch locations.


                                                               Free & Reduced Meal Information


Children need healthy meals to learn. Frankenmuth School offers healthy meals every school day. Students Kindergarten + through 4th grade may buy lunch for $2.20, students 5-8 may buy lunch for $2.30, and students 9-12 may buy lunch for $2.45. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals . We sell reduced price lunches for $0.40



Application instructions: 

Your children may qualify for free or reduced price meals if your household income falls within the limits on the chart.


                                          Scale for Free Meals or Free Milk 

                                 Scale for Reduced Price Meals

Total Family Size













































Frequently Asked Questions


1. Do I need to fill out an application for each child?
No. Complete the application to apply for free and reduced price school meals. Use one free and reduced price school meals family application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to: Frankenmuth school district, 525 East Genesee Street, Frankenmuth, MI 48734.

2. Who can get free meals?
Children in households getting food assistance program (fap), family independence program (fip), or food distribution program on indian reservations (fdpir), can get free meals regardless of your income. Also, your children can get free meals if your household income is within the free limits on the federal income guidelines.

3. Can foster children get free meals?
Yes, foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court, are eligible for free meals. Any foster child in the household is eligible for free meals regardless of income.

4. Can homeless, runaway, and migrant children get free meals?
Yes, children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant qualify for free meals. If you haven’t been told your children will get free meals, please call Stephanie Izzo 989.652.9955, ext. 2139, homeless liaison or migrant coordinator to see if your child (ren) qualify.

5. Who can get reduced price meals?
Your children can get low cost meals if your household income is within the reduced price limits on the federal income guidelines.

6. Should I fill out an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are approved for free meals?
Please read the letter you got carefully and follow any instructions if provided. Call the school at 989.652.2129, if you have questions.

7. My child’s application was approved last year. Do I need to fill out another one?
Yes. Your child’s application is only good for that school year and for the first few days of this school year. You must send in a new application unless the school told you that your child is eligible for the new school year.

8. I get women, infants, & children (wic). Can my child(ren) get free meals?
Children in households participating in wic may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. An application must be filled out by wic households.

9. Will the information I give be verified?
Yes, we may ask you to send written proof of any information provided on the application.

10. If I don’t qualify now, may I apply later?
Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year if your house-hold size goes up, income goes down, or if you start getting fap, fip, fdpir, or other benefits. If you lose your job, your children may be able to get free or reduced price meals.

11. What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application?
You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to:

Adele Martin, 525 East Genesee Street, Frankenmuth, MI 48734.

12. May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?
Yes. You or your child(ren) do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for free or reduced price meals.

13. Who should I include as members of my household?
You must include all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, or friends) who share income and expenses. You must include yourself and all children living with you. If you live with other people who are economically independent (for example, people who you not support, who do not share income with you or your children, and who pay a pro-rated share of the expenses), do not include them.

14. What if my income is not always the same?
List the amount that you normally get. For example, if you normally get $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only got $900, put down that you get $1000 per month. If you normally get overtime, include it, but not if you get it only sometimes. If you have lost a job or had your hours or wages reduced, use your current income.

15. We are in the military. Do we include our housing allowance as income?
If you get an off-base housing allowance, it must be included as income. However, if your housing is part of the military housing privatization initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income.

16. What if my child does not have health insurance?
Your children may qualify for low cost or free health insurance through michild and healthy kids program. To apply online, go to www.michigan.gov/michild or call 1-888-988-6300 for help or to request a paper application.

17. My spouse is deployed to a combat zone. Is his/her combat pay counted as income?
No, if the combat pay is received in addition to his/her basic pay because of his/her deployment and it wasn’t received before he/she was deployed, combat pay is not counted as income. Contact your school for more information.

18. My family needs more help. Are there other programs we might apply for?
To find out how to apply for food assistance program (fap) or other assistance benefits, contact your local assistance office or call 1-800-481-4989.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Cindy Hegenauer at 989.652.9955 ext. 2129.




Aditional Documentation

Cover letter to Parents 

Free & Reduced Application

Press Release

skyward.png img1.gif Great-Lakes-Bay-Logo.jpg Launchpad.jpg mischooldata.png dynacal.png
  Moodle-logo-large.jpg index.png 091913-ok2say_0.jpg