PURPOSE OF PROJECT
The Frankenmuth School District Foundation program provides funding to programs and projects for Frankenmuth School District students for educational initiatives and projects not currently supported by school budgets.
The program is meant to:
- Enhance student experiences and curriculum activities
- Develop projects to facilitate different learning styles
- Motivate student curiosity and learning
- Supplement additional funding sources
- Purchase educational materials and/or bring non-traditional resources to the classroom
- Develop and share innovative methods and tools for teaching
- Inspire professional development and growth
Although not specifically precluded, applications for continuation of existing programs may receive lower funding priority. (See "Review Criteria" information.)
All Frankenmuth School District teachers, instructional staff, and advisors are eligible to apply. While more than one application may be submitted, only one grant will be awarded per individual, per year.
The typical grant award is expected to be between $100 and $500.
GRANTS FOR EXCELLENCE REVIEW CRITERIA
Applications are reviewed on a competitive basis by an advisory committee consisting of Frankenmuth School District administrators, board members, and teachers. The advisory committee evaluates individual proposals based on:
- Number of students involved in and/or benefiting from the project
- Expected impact of the program
- Effectiveness of the activity or program
- Potential to improve student achievement and morale
- Cost effectiveness
- Enhancement of the skills of teachers and support staff
- Potential for continuation and/or replication
The following will not be considered for funds under theFrankenmuth School District Foundation:
- Sports camps
- Faith based activities
- General summer recreational camps
- Regular high school or college credit classes
- Private music lessons
Grantees are expected to provide a written report to the Frankenmuth School District Foundation at the conclusion of their project. This report should include a financial statement, description of the project, and the impact on students.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have any questions, please contact the Frankenmuth School District Foundation; Adele Martin , 525 E. Genesee Street , Frankenmuth , MI 48734 (989) 652-9958.