Our Schools Athletics Administration Community Education Bronner Performing Arts Center

New_Logo.PNG Budget_and_Salary-Compensation_Transparency_Reporting_Logo.png

Our Schools Athletics Administration Community Education Bronner Performing Arts Center



New_Logo.PNG Transp_Reporting_logo.jpg


 Please enjoy the most recent
Frankenmuth School District Newsletter


The Frankenmuth School District is seeking nominations for the 2018 Hall of Fame Awards.  Two individuals will be selected to be inducted into the Frankenmuth School District Hall of Fame. 


Board of Education Special Meeting
Tuesday, May 1st @ 7:45AM
FHS Room 9

Financial Aid Deadline

All seniors are encouraged to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  This is the first step in the financial aid process.  The FAFSA is an application for student financial aid, such as grants, loans and work-study.  In Michigan, most colleges use the FAFSA information to also award non-federal aid. 

Financial aid information was dispersed to seniors in September during English class.  Students were able to submit a 2017-2018 FAFSA as early as October 1, 2016, rather than on January 1, 2017.  The earlier submission date will be a permanent change, enabling students to complete & submit their FAFSAs as early as October 1 every year.  This year students (and parents, as appropriate) will report their 2015 income and tax information rather than their 2016 income and tax information. 

FAFSA forms must arrive at the processing company by March 1, 2017 to receive priority consideration.  You should apply online with FAFSA on the Web at www.fafsa.ed.gov.  If needed, students can obtain a paper FAFSA by calling the Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID.

How to create an FSA ID video:  https://youtu.be/lLi0q7hkFns


How Scholarships May Affect a Student's Aid Package
Students and their families may wonder how private scholarship (non-institutional awards) affect a student's aid package. 
Many students who receive private scholarships also receive federal and state student aid (federal and state grants, student loans, and work-study) and institutional grants.  It's possible that a student who obtains a private scholarship may have their aid package adjusted. 
If the student's total financial need:

Has been met, the college is required to reduce any need-based award.  Some colleges try to reduce the self-help portion (student loans and work-study); others reduce the institutional grant, especially if they've awarded the grant to help meet the student's financial need.

Hasn't been met, private scholarships may be used to satisfy the remaining need.  Since many colleges are unable to meet a student's total financial need, a student's aid package may not be affected. 

The guidance office has a file of the scholarships annouced in the daily bulletin.  Feel free to stop in and check out the criteria for each scholarship to determine if you qualify.

You may also use the following scholarship websites to locate scholarships: 







skyward.png img1.gif Great-Lakes-Bay-Logo.jpg Launchpad.jpg mischooldata.png dynacal.png
  Moodle-logo-large.jpg index.png 091913-ok2say_0.jpg