Our Schools Athletics Administration Community Education Bronner Performing Arts Center

New_Logo.PNG Budget_and_Salary-Compensation_Transparency_Reporting_Logo.png


 Please enjoy the most recent
Frankenmuth School District Newsletter

Notice of
Regular Board Meeting

Please take Notice that the 
Frankenmuth Board of Education
will be Meeting
October 9, 2017

Frankenmuth High School
in Room 9

Q:  What is an IEP? 

A:   IEP stands for Individualized Educational Program.  An IEP is developed by a team that includes those involved with the student's educational progress after a student has been identified as a student with a disability and the disability has been determined to have an adverse impact on educational performance.


Q:   How long does my child need to receive special education services? 

A:   Students are eligible to receive special services in the state of Michigan through the age of 26 or upon graduation as long as the student has a disability as identified by the Individuals with Disabilities Educational Act and the disability has an adverse impact on educational performance.  Parents and guardians may also revoke consent for services of their child at any given time. 



Q:   What is special education?

 A:   Special education is a service provided to individualize a student's educational plan to meet his or her current needs as identified and related to the student's disability.  Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education identifies 13 disability areas:  Cognitive Impairment, Emotional Impairment, Hearing Impairment, Visual Impairment, Physical Impairment, Other Health Impairment, Speech and Language Impairment, Early Childhood Developmental Delay, Specific Learning Disability, Severe Multiple Impairment, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Traumatic Brain Injury, and Deaf-Blindness.



Q:   What is a caseload provider? 

A:   A caseload provider is assigned to a child with a disability to align all the services that have been written into the IEP and to help assure that the services are being provided as outlined in the IEP.  The caseload provider is also a "go to" person for the parent/guardian to go to with questions.   



Q:  How often do we meet to update my child's plan? 

A:  Your child's IEP will be updated at least annually as you will be invited to attend an IEP meeting.  If changes need to take place prior to the annual review date on the IEP, please contact the caseload provider of the IEP.  A reevaluation IEP occurs at least once every three years and may require additional assessment and outside information to help redetermine eligibility. 



Q:  Who can I contact if something outlined in the IEP is not taking place?  

A:  The first place to go would be to the caseload provider, then the building principal, then the special education administrator.

skyward.png img1.gif Great-Lakes-Bay-Logo.jpg Launchpad.jpg mischooldata.png dynacal.png
  Moodle-logo-large.jpg index.png 091913-ok2say_0.jpg